First and foremost, let me be very clear that there is no cause for panic. There are very simple and commonsense preventive measures you can take to protect your family from COVID-19 and other viruses.
· Just as with any contagious illness, avoid close contact with folks who are sick.
· If you become sick yourself, the CDC recommends that you stay home to avoid infecting others.
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least twenty seconds.
· Try to avoid touching your face if you haven’t washed your hands recently.
· Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
· Disinfect frequently touched objects or surfaces with regular household cleaning sprays or wipes.
· Stay up to date on your vaccinations as it’s not too late in the season to get a flu shot.
· The CDC does not recommend wearing medical facemasks for healthy people.