Press Releases

Congressman Hice to Present Alzheimer's Workshop

f t # e
Washington D.C., June 22, 2015 | comments

Thomson, GA - Congressman Jody Hice (GA-10) today announced that he will host a free workshop, entitled "Know the 10 Signs of Alzheimer's Disease."  Presented in partnership with the East Central Georgia/Augusta Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association, the event will take place from 11:00 am until 12:00 pm on Thursday, July 9th in the auditorium of the Thomson-McDuffie Administration Building, located at 210 Railroad Street.  

"Every 67 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer's Disease," said Congressman Hice.  "That's why it is so important to know the signs of this debilitating disease.  I invite everyone in McDuffie County and the surrounding areas to come out on July 9th and get the facts about Alzheimer's.  At this workshop, you'll gain a greater understanding of age-related memory loss and dementia as well as what to do if you or someone you love shows the signs of this deadly disease."

To register for the workshop, contact Beth Williams, Program Director for the Alzheimer's Association's Augusta Region, at 706-860-5233 or by Tuesday, July 7th. The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.

f t # e

Connect with Jody

Sign up to get a newsletter straight to your inbox

Help with a Federal Agency

One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help constituents work through issues with federal agencies. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a constituent’s behalf to get answers to questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. Below you will find a list of agencies with which I can help you. However, regardless of which agency you need help navigating, you must complete a privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Please download this printable version of the casework authorization form and then fax or mail to the address listed under the agency from which you are seeking assistance.

Casework Authorization Form