Press Releases

Rep. Hice Comments on Army Corps of Engineers Delaying Permit Fees

f t # e
Washington, November 1, 2019 | comments

Monroe, GA – U.S. Representative Jody Hice (R-GA) released the following statement after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) announced a delay in the implementation of dock and facility permit fee increases for the South Atlantic Division (SAD).

“The announcement that Georgia residents who have docks and facilities along local lakes won’t experience a steep permit fee increase in January is welcome news,” said Congressman Hice. “For months, I have been working with the Corps and my colleagues on this issue, and I’m pleased they have listened to our concerns and implemented the delay. I remain committed to staying engaged in this fight, and I will keep folks informed on further steps and developments that may take place.”

Earlier this year, the Corps announced the implementation of a revised fee schedule for dock and land-based facility permits in the South Atlantic Division. Under the revised fee schedule, which would go into effect on January 1, 2020 (before the announced delay), new dock or facility permits would increase from $400 to $835 and re-issue permits would increase from $175 to $835.

In June, Representative Hice sent a letter to the Corps requesting a thorough explanation of the planned increase. You can read the letter here.

Hice sent a second letter, after an insufficient response from the Corps, raising further questions into the abrupt decision. You can read the letter here.


f t # e

Connect with Jody

Sign up to get a newsletter straight to your inbox

Help with a Federal Agency

One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help constituents work through issues with federal agencies. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a constituent’s behalf to get answers to questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. Below you will find a list of agencies with which I can help you. However, regardless of which agency you need help navigating, you must complete a privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Please download this printable version of the casework authorization form and then fax or mail to the address listed under the agency from which you are seeking assistance.

Casework Authorization Form