Press Releases

Hice Announces Honors Ceremony for Vietnam Veterans

f t # e
Monroe, GA, July 11, 2019 | comments

Monroe, GA – Congressman Jody Hice (GA-10) invites Vietnam veterans to participate in an honors ceremony at Grace Fellowship, located at 1971 South Main Street in Greensboro, on Thursday, August 8th at 6:30 p.m. The ceremony is open to all veterans with honorable service during the Vietnam War (June 1, 1954 to May 15, 1975) to include veterans with service in-country and those assigned in military capacities elsewhere. Congressman Hice will join Georgia Department of Veterans Service Commissioner Mike Roby to present veterans with the Defense Department’s Vietnam Veteran Commemorative Lapel Pin and the state of Georgia’s Certificate of Honor.

“Our Vietnam veterans made tremendous sacrifices on behalf of our Nation, and it is an honor to be able to publicly express my gratitude for their service,” said Congressman Hice. “I look forward to joining with the community to recognize the commitment and courage of our local heroes.”

“It is never the wrong time to say thank you to a veteran, and that is especially true for so many Vietnam War veterans who were never properly thanked when they returned home,” said Commissioner Roby. “We hope to eventually present every Georgia veteran with a Certificate of Honor recognizing their service during the Vietnam War.”

The deadline to register for the ceremony is Thursday, August 1st. Vietnam veterans who would like to participate in the ceremony may contact the GDVS Central Office via email at with their DD Form 214 attached or fax their information (name, address, and phone number) and DD Form 214  to (404) 656-7006. Submissions should be marked with “Greensboro Certificates.” Vietnam veterans may also receive this honor posthumously. For more information, call Brian Zeringue, GDVS Director of Public Information, at (404) 656-5933. 


f t # e
Tags: Veterans

Connect with Jody

Sign up to get a newsletter straight to your inbox

Help with a Federal Agency

One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help constituents work through issues with federal agencies. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a constituent’s behalf to get answers to questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. Below you will find a list of agencies with which I can help you. However, regardless of which agency you need help navigating, you must complete a privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Please download this printable version of the casework authorization form and then fax or mail to the address listed under the agency from which you are seeking assistance.

Casework Authorization Form