Press Releases

Rep. Hice Welcomes 2017 Congressional Art Competition Winner

f t # e
Washington, June 29, 2017 | comments

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Representative Jody Hice (R-GA) today welcomed Gwinnett County resident Emma Babushkin, a sophomore at Mill Creek High School and the overall winner of Georgia’s 10th Congressional District’s Congressional Art Competition, to our Nation's capital as she was recognized alongside competition winners from across the United States. Beside other first place finishers, Emma’s work will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year. Her piece, titled “Theodore,” was made from graphite, which highlighted her drawing’s composition, detail to the subject’s anatomy, and overall depth.

“With so many talented and creative students in our high schools across Georgia’s 10th Congressional District, I am always in awe of the incredible artwork they create,” said Congressman Hice.  “This year’s winning work of art is no different, and I want to congratulate Emma on her achievements as a gifted young artist. Hundreds of thousands of people visit Washington, D.C. each year, and I am proud to have her drawing represent our part of Georgia as it hangs in the U.S. Capitol.”

First Place winner Emma Babushkin with Congressman Hice next to her artwork, “Theodore,” in the U.S. Capitol


f t # e

Connect with Jody

Sign up to get a newsletter straight to your inbox

Help with a Federal Agency

One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help constituents work through issues with federal agencies. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a constituent’s behalf to get answers to questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. Below you will find a list of agencies with which I can help you. However, regardless of which agency you need help navigating, you must complete a privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Please download this printable version of the casework authorization form and then fax or mail to the address listed under the agency from which you are seeking assistance.

Casework Authorization Form