Press Releases

2017 Congressional Art Competition Deadline Approaching

f t # e
Monroe, GA, March 21, 2017 | comments

Monroe, GA – Congressman Jody Hice (GA-10) today reminded students in grades nine through twelve that the deadline for the 2017 Congressional Art Competition is quickly approaching.  Students wishing to participate should submit their artwork to one of the Congressman’s three district offices by Thursday, April 6th.  The winning artist will have his or her artwork displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year and will be awarded with a trip to Washington, D.C. to attend a reception with other student winners from across the nation.

“Each Spring when Members of Congress sponsor this annual arts competition, I’m always amazed at how incredibly gifted 10th District students are,” said Congressman Hice. “Georgia has some of the most talented students in the nation, and I encourage them to take advantage of this remarkable opportunity to showcase their artwork in a national exhibit.”

Contestants must fill out a student release form and ensure that their artwork complies with competition guidelines.  Congressman Hice will announce the winner and present awards for the top entries on Saturday, April 29th during a reception at Monroe-Walton Center for the Arts.  For details and more information, please visit Congressman Hice’s website at


f t # e

Connect with Jody

Sign up to get a newsletter straight to your inbox

Help with a Federal Agency

One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help constituents work through issues with federal agencies. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a constituent’s behalf to get answers to questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. Below you will find a list of agencies with which I can help you. However, regardless of which agency you need help navigating, you must complete a privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Please download this printable version of the casework authorization form and then fax or mail to the address listed under the agency from which you are seeking assistance.

Casework Authorization Form